Manufacturing Insurance Program
As a manufacturer, you understand the importance of quality and reliability – characteristics necessary to deliver a product that will build customer loyalty and grow your business. At Berkley Mid-Atlantic, you can rely on us to provide you with a quality insurance program. We have coverage options for a variety of small and regional manufacturers just like you.
From safety training and inspections, to assistance with OSHA compliance, our dedicated Claims and Loss Control teams are ready to provide recommendations that can help protect your business.
Let us build an insurance program that works for you.
Types of Manufacturing that We Insure
- Food product manufacturers
- Fabricated metal products
- Metal goods manufacturers
- Paper manufacturers
- Textile manufacturers
- Machine shops
- Limited coverage for product withdrawal from the market
- Product stock at market value
- Accidental pollution
- Business income and extra expense as a result of a covered loss to a supplier
- Additional insured
- Increased medical payments
- Waiver of transfer of rights
- New formed or acquired organizations
- Increased legal liability limit
- Broadened named insured
- Additional insured by contract or agreement
- Transportation expense due to theft of covered auto
- Glass deductible waiver
- Rental Reimbursement
- Drive other car coverage
- Fellow employee coverage
Both real and personal property coverage including electrical, mechanical, and pressure systems breakdown.
Product Recall Coverage
Coverage for expenses incurred in the withdrawal from the market of your product or work or impaired product. The coverage responds to a known or suspected defect in the product or due to an incident of product tampering.
Optional Coverages Tailored to Manufacturers
- Property damage to the product, work, and/or impaired property
- Damages arising as a result of property damage to your customer’s work, product or impaired property.
Coverage for a Privacy Breach event
Coverage for media wrongful acts, network security, wrongful acts, and privacy wrongful acts
Protection for discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and more
Protection for you and employees from allegation of wrongful acts
Extended reporting period up to 36 months
Available to companies up to 50 employees
Protection from work related injuries or illness. Workers’ Compensation coverage provides payment for medical care, lost time wages, financial benefits to the family of a deceased worker, and more. Workers’ Compensation coverage can protect both you and your employees.
Additional liability coverage to help protect against severe or catastrophic claims against you. This coverage protects your assets when the cost of a general liability or commercial automobile claim exceeds the limits of those policies.
Examples of Inland Marine coverage we can offer your manufacturing business include Accounts Receivable, Valuable Papers, Electronic Data Processing and other coverages tailored to your needs
Examples of Crime coverage we can offer your manufacturing business:
- Employee dishonesty
- Money and securities
- Employee retirement income security
Risk Management Services
- BMAG Safety Portal with safety news, reference links, and safety sheets
- On-site safety and health assessments
- Customized training programs
- Specialized property consulting
- Industrial hygiene
- Safety video rentals
- Management services, including fleet safety, accident investigation, job safety analysis, machine and material handling reviews
Our customized training programs assist in developing management skills and procedures to reduce loss.
Loss Control Services also offers our clients a range of educational and reporting materials.